The instructor takes attendance every day. In the case of the Regular Program, attendance is taken for each block of the four sessions.
2. Handouts for Missed Classes
Ask your instructor directly for any handouts distributed in the missed class.
3. Messages to Students
- Messages to students will be posted on the 1st and 2nd floor bulletin boards. You are advised to check them each time you come to school.
- Personal messages to students will not be accepted except for emergencies.
4. Cancellation of Class
- Classes may be cancelled due to unavoidable circumstances such as the instructors’ illnesses and accidents. If the reason for the cancellation lies with the school, it will set up a make-up class as a matter of principle. The school may contact you by phone in case of sudden cancellation.
- Classes may be cancelled due to unavoidable circumstances such as disruption of the transit system and natural disasters. In such cases where the reason falls outside the school’s responsibility, the school will decide whether to set up make-up classes or not. In case of natural disasters, the school will make every effort to keep you informed through its website.
5. Use of Self-Study Facilities
During the school term (with the exceptions of Sundays, holidays, and school closures), students may use the facilities below. (Please refrain from occupying a seat for a long time during busy periods.)
- Self-study room
The room number for the self-study room is posted on our bulletin board. The room changes depending on the day and time, so please confirm the room number beforehand.
- PC Corner (1F)
There are six desktop computers available. Please visit the reception desk on the second floor before using the computers.
- Hours of Operation for Self-study Room and PC Corner
Weekdays: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
* There is wireless LAN internet access on the first and second floors.
If you require some certificate, you may inquire at the school counter on the 1st floor. Fill out the appropriate form and submit it with the specified fee. It will be issued 3 days later (not counting the Saturday and Sunday).
7. Office Hours
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m.－7:30 p.m.
Friday/Saturday: 9:00 a.m.－5:00 p.m.
8. Using the Facilities
- Using the classrooms
Keep your valuables with you and do not leave them in the classrooms. The school will not be responsible for stolen or lost articles. You may not use the classrooms before or after the class. If you wish to study, please use the self-study facilities specified in Item 5 above.
- Manners outside the classrooms
There may be other classes in session even though yours is in a recess or is over. Please keep a standard of quietness outside the classroom.
Smoking is not permitted in the building. You may smoke in the back of the building where ashtrays are affixed.
- You may not eat or drink in the Computer Rooms, LL Room, Library, elevators, hallways or stairways. If you eat during recess in the classroom, please dispose of the trash separately in accordance with municipal ordinance.
- Parking your bicycle
We have a bicycle parking space. If you want to use it, apply at the JLI counter. Do not park in front of the school or in a nearby alley.
- We do not have a parking lot. Please use public transportation.
- You may not drink any alcoholic beverages in the building.
- Do not engage in acts in the school building that might disturb or endanger others.
- Do not bring into the building any weapon or object that may be hazardous or hygienically harmful.
- Do not disrupt the flow of the class or disturb other students in the classroom.
- Do not engage in political, religious, sales or any such activity in the building.
- When you enter or exit the classroom while the class is in session, be mindful of the teacher and other students.
- Switch off your cell phone, electric game or other such gadgets during class. At other times, use them with discretion so as not to disturb other students or classes.
* If you are in serious violation of any of the rules listed in Items 8 and 9, you may be expelled from school even in the middle of the term.